ALL LANES of I-85 North and South are currently closed from the Buford Hwy / SR 13 to GA 400. Please avoid that area.
- I-85 is closed from I-75 to GA 400. Local traffic may use I-85 from the I-75/85 split up to the Buford Hwy Conn exit.
- Motorists traveling northbound on I-85 from points south of Atlanta should use I-285 to bypass the affected area.
- Motorists traveling southbound on I-85 from Gwinnett Co will be diverted to northbound GA 400. Through traffic should use I-285 to bypass the affected area
- Motorists traveling southbound on GA 400 from north of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound I-85 or Sidney Marcus Blvd
- Motorists are encouraged to utilize their favorite wayfinding app to help navigate to their destinations
UPDATE: Piedmont Rd is now open in both directions underneath I-85. There is one northbound lane open, and three southbound lanes open.
Keep in mind, even if you don’t travel through the affected portion of I-85, you WILL BE impacted. Motorists will be using I-285, I-20, I-75 and GA400 as a detour. So consider sharing the ride if possible. You may get to use HOV or HOT lanes and you’ll be helping cut down the number of cars on the road.